Today was kind of an emotional day. I had the privilege of dropping Jeff off at the MTC, and I almost lost it. He is such a great guy and will make an awesome missionary, however that doesn't change the fact that I will miss him. The new "drop off" policy stunk, so we didn't get much time to say our goodbyes, take pictures, and we had to cry in front of everyone, but at least he is there. No more thinking about it, he is there and serving!
So here's to you Elder Suppes, you will be great and we cant wait to hear about all of your success. Love you
4 comments:
That is tough. I was the one to take my little sister. What is the new "drop off" policy? Do they still do the big group farwell and the whole family through one door, missionaries throgh the other?
No it is crazy. There are several cases of the swine flu in there, so they want to keep family and friends out. So we drove around the corner for instructions and the next thing we knew they were telling us to say our goodbyes. No warning, no nothing. It was devastating and heart wrenching. We were both caught off guard, and I think we lost it a bit more than we thought we would. Having said that I know he is in the right place, and doing what he is supposed to. I know all will be well, but I might be on edge until I get my first letter from him.
That is CRAZY! I would have lost it too. I am sure it was a little scary for all those young missionaries too.
Aww! That is crazy! Well, like you said, he is in the right place and doing what's right. Yay Jeff! You'll have to keep us posted with how he's doing on your blog!!
Post a Comment