Friday, October 31, 2008

Goodbye Old Friend...

Today is a sad for me, I lost my oldest friend. He was my comfort, my strength, who I went to to decompress from the day, and the only one who has been there for me anytime of the day or night. He was my cable!!
This has been a long time coming, but today I finally ended it. With all the junk on T.V. these days I didn't feel right keeping it. I am sick of this evil world we live in, and I don't want to welcome it into my home anymore. Over the past couple of months I have tried to make this a little bit easier by cutting back on my watching time, and finally cut it to around an hour a day. So now was the perfect time to cut the rope.

I am looking forward to more time to study and read, more time to enjoy the company of my sweet hubby, and the chance to research and hear only about the things I search out and look for.

*I will let y'all know how I am feeling in a week or two, when it really hits!!!*

5 comments:

Jen said...

We did the same. They have yet to cut out basic, basic channels yet, but soon. Way to go... you won't miss it too long.

Heather said...

hey gurlie. i havent watched tv in forever. movies yes ones that i have here at the house but tv not really. and your halloween outfit looks great!!! i hope you had loads of fun. sorry i havent talked to you in awhile ive been in and out of the doctors and hospitals for the past while but i had a sunday off so i thought i would shoot you a line. hope all is well.
love ya
me

Sarah said...

way to go! we cut down to basic a while back, mostly in the name of budgeting, but it's been great so far. i don't watch hardly any tv anymore, except for football games badically. it may be hard at first i would imagine, but i think you'll be glad you did this = )

Anonymous said...

Have you had "the shakes" yet?

Amy

Brittany said...

Worse than the shakes!! I have thrown tantrums, and broke into sweats. I think I need to go to a rehab center for help with my withdrawals!!!