Sunday, March 29, 2009

Big decisions...

Since this is my journal I need to make an entry. I recognize that this will not be appealing to most, so please feel free to move to your next blogger friends blog.

This past week I was faced with a tough decision. I was offered a full time position at America First as a mortgage processor. Since I started this job as a temp I have looked forward to, and prayed for the day that it was over, so that I could go back to my normal life. I have continually prayed about this day and always received that when this was over I could move on. Then on Wednesday I received an email from my manager asking for a meeting the following day. I knew there was a good possibility that they were going to offer me a job, so I went home to confirm my previous answer. Well I didn't get it this time. I got positives for coming home, and positives for staying on. I woke up Thursday morning still not knowing what I was going to do if they asked me to stay on. I went to work thinking that I was going to turn it down, I prepared in my head what I was going to say. Then when I got to work I started thinking, so I asked my Heavenly Father to help me know what to do in that meeting.

I went in and was given peace, and I felt comfort in their offer. I asked for a few hours to talk to Todd about it, and think of what I wanted to do. I couldn't say no. I wanted with all of my heart to to say no, but I couldn't.

So I accepted the position. I was given comfort by Heavenly Father and I knew I was doing what I was supposed to be doing. He let me know, that I will know when my time is done, but until then I needed to continue to work.

I think that this job was hard for me to accept because it isn't what I want to be doing right now. I want to be a mom and a homemaker. I want more than anything to teach the gospel to my kids. I want Todd to come home and have little Todd's running around wanting to play with him. However, I think I have finally come to some greater understanding. My Heavenly Father knows my desires, he knows my pain, he knows my dreams, and he will bless me. First I need to show him my faith, I need to learn a few more things, and I need to live by his time table. I have been given countless blessings where he has told me the time is coming, be patient and trust in the Lord. I have special ones up there that need to come at the right time. So here is me saying to my heavenly Father, I trust. I look forward and pray for that day to come quickly, but I am able to live my life in the present as well. I have things to accomplish now, so Heavenly Father please help and guide me. Please lead me to those that need me, please guide those that I need to me. Help me to learn everything I can now, so that when the time comes that Todd and I are blessed with kids,I will be able to teach. I love you Heavenly Father and I hope to please thee. This is my testimony and my faith in thee. Amen

6 comments:

Jeff said...

Brittany, you are amazing. Your testimony and faith is such an example to me, and I know that I am one of those who is meant to be taught by you, as I am sure many others are too. Thank you for your example. I love you, Jeff

Jen said...

Thank you for sharing your testimony. I don't know why it is sometimes a struggle to remember that the Lord knows and loves us, and that all things will work to the benefit of those that love the Lord. Thank you for your example.

Valerie said...

Thanks for inspiring and reminding me, through your testimony, of the very real relationship we can have with our loving Father. Sometimes we get caught up in here and now & have a harder time remembering that there is a plan, and He is guiding it. We really can "Be still, and know that I am God" (my favorite scripture, BTW). He loves and comforts us so that we can be calm & still, just like you talked about in your testimony. I love you and am so grateful for your example and faith.

Brittany said...

This is just one more reason why I absolutely adore you! I'm so proud of you Brit!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Having gone through the same thing, I am glad that you have been blessed with understanding. I know that when you put your faith and trust in the Lord and really, and I mean REALLY, turn everything over to Him, then you are blessed...I know it to be true and I know that you will continue to be blessed as well. Love you! Jess

Tillia said...

Wow, thanks for sharing your testimony! You are such an amazing women and i know your kids will be so blessed to have you as their Mom. The Lord is in control and what a blessing you know that.