"Wonderful thanks, and yours?"
"Fine thanks. What made it so wonderful, did you do something fun?"
"That I did, I canned, cleaned, and watched High School Musical 3!!"
This Saturday was a blast for me. Since I started working again I haven't had a chance to do the things I have come to love. But Saturday and I, we made a pact and got things going again.
I love cleaning, there is something so satisfying to me when I have a clean house and everything is in order. I feel like my home is more inviting to the spirit when things are clean and put away. I love it!!
I also love food storage, and adding to ours. This weekend we went to the church cannery and rented the #10 can sealer. It was a lot of fun and awfully gratifying. We ended up canning..
17 #10 cans of refried beans
10 #10 cans of carrots
17 #10 cans of potatoes
14 #10 cans of onions
and 4 #10 cans of apples
It was a really fun experience. Although I don't want to live in Utah forever, this is one of the many perks of living here. The church is super accessible, and I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for pushing Todd and I to get this done while we have access to so many things.
And finally, I saw High School Musical 3!!! It was sooooo good. I love silly things like that, and for some reason I am obsessed with Zac Efron. I think he is super yummy!! (Todd you are delicious, no need to worry) I love watching a movie that I don't have to ignore swear words, fast forward through nudity, or worry about skipping over the violent scenes. Hooray for a clean, fun, and entertaining movie!! It was so good that I am going to save it for when my sister-in-laws come up this week, so we can watch it together!! (Did you know that my brother and sister-in-laws were in High School Musical 2? That's right I have fame in my family!!)
Thanks Saturday, I cant wait to see you again next weekend!!
3 comments:
First off, with the whole canning thing--you are INSPIRING! I wouldn't even know how to begin to do that! Good job!
I am totally with you about the cleaning...I feel the same way and actually really like cleaning!
As for HSM3, I still haven't seen it, but I loved the first two. I'm glad it was good!
What a marvelously (is that even a word?) productive Saturday! A big "High Five" to you! You're right, it is nice to have the option or renting the canner. I'm impressed at how good you are at this! We need to rent HSM3. Dad and I actually wanted to see it when it was in the theaters, but Dallin evidently has reached the "I'm too cool for HSM stuff" stage, and he wouldn't go with us. Now we could enjoy it in our own home!
Hmmmm...looks like you had better success at doing the #10 cans than I did! I borrowed our canner that belongs to our Stake and tried to can white wheat. I ran out of lids, cut up my fingers, and got really frustrated!
Post a Comment