Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Snowboarding and Skiing

This weekend was a fun one for Todd and I. Not only did we get to go snowboarding but my siblings made the trip out and came along. Jeff flew out here Friday and Maegan took a shuttle down. We were all super excited, but Todd and I were laughing on the inside because we knew it was going to be a rough couple of days. We ventured out to a resort in Ogden (where they held the Olympic runs) and had a blast. We took them up two days in a row and were pleasantly surprised when they picked it up so fast. The first day was ROUGH, we had to have two medical aids carry them down the mountain, but the second day was awesome. They both picked it up very quickly and we had a great time!!

Jeff has some awesome stories, he got lost for about 3 hours, flew down a black diamond run, at one point he had a bloody nose, and he lived to tell the tale. Maegan had a rough day snowboarding but once she picked up some skis and gave that a try she was a natural!!
The three of us getting ready to show the mountain who's the boss...
Jeff rockin' it...
Maegan learning to turn...
Me coaxing Maegan down the hill (there aren't any actions shots of me and I like to think its because I am just too quick and sly to be caught on camera!!)
Jeff showing off his battle wounds from when he was "one with nature"

It was an awesome trip and we can't wait for next season when they come out and strap up again!!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Jeff does have some great stories, and he's had fun telling them! You guys were great hosts.

Two medical transports? I only know about one.....am I getting the filtered version?

Love you!