Thursday, January 31, 2008

Count your many blessings..

Well I haven't done this in a while and I feel the need to publicly express my appreciation. When life gets tough (which seems quite often sometimes) its easy for me to get frustrated and just throw my hands up. But I have learned that that really accomplishes nothing, so instead I am going to say thank you.

1. I am thankful to my Heavenly Father for placing such a wonderful prophet in our day. President Hinckley was a wonderful man and I am thankful to have had the chance to hear him speak, and feel his power. Whether I was sitting at home reading a talk he gave or I was sitting a few rows from him in regional conference, his spirit was undeniable. He truly motivated me to change some things, brush up on some things, and become a better person. I loved him and am glad he is reunited with his sweet wife and our savior. The Earth has been a better place having had him on it.

2. I am sooo excited to be back in Young Womens!! I have loved teaching the youth sunday school class, but secretly had been praying to get back with the girls. There is something amazing about young women and there ability to light up any room. I can not wait to get back in there with them.

3. I love the snow!! I have never been much of an outdoorsy person but the snow has done something to change me. I love playing outside with Kaylee, I love shoveling the snow with Todd, and I love snowboarding!! But most of all I love that the snow hides our dirt of a yard. We haven't put in a yard yet because of the weather but the snow provides a semi-finished look. No knows that we haven't got a yard underneath it, and I do not have to wipe off Kaylee's paws every time she comes in!! Yay for snow!!!

4. Have you ever had a couch that just seems to welcome you every time you enter the room? Well if not you are missing out. Todd and I have very different tastes when it comes to decorating but we came together when we saw our couch. Todd loves leather and I love microfiber and luckily we found one that is half and half. This couch looks beautiful but is so much more than that, this couch is warm and inviting. When you aren't feeling well or are exhausted you see her and you go running. I love having a couch that is super comfy and seems to wrap around you when your day has been rough!

5. Most of all I am thankful for my husband. Todd is an amazing man and I am one lucky girl to have him. The way he cheers me up with a smile or a hug is a blessing. His sweet spirit and wonderful personality makes life seem so much more tolerable. There is no other person I would want to dance in the kitchen or cuddle feet with. I was so lucky to find him so early in my life and I am looking forward to learning more and spending my life with him. When we first met we were complete extreme opposites and now we have compromised and kinda molded into one mesh of a person. I can not wait to see where we are in another 3 years. I love you Tottle Cottle!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

You guys are so great together!!! im so glad you guys are doing so well. i love you both!!!

Mia said...

Yeah for blogs! Zoey and I can stalk you now and see what you guys are up to! We miss you guys too :)