Prairie Dog, groundhog, or mole???
Monday, September 26, 2011
Not Sure...
I am not sure what this thing is. From a distance we always assumed it was a prairie dog or light brown mole roaming our pastures. We enjoyed watching him roam around, sit on his hind legs taking in the country, and running away from the dogs. However, today he had a different outcome. The poor thing has seen its last day on the farm. Im not sure which dog finally got him, but I do know all three were down around his area. Mr Collins and Lulu were the ones I noticed barking, but who knows it could have been anyone...
Prairie Dog, groundhog, or mole???
Prairie Dog, groundhog, mole, or beaver??? Check out those teeth.
Do you know what he is?
Prairie Dog, groundhog, or mole???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
EEEWWWWWW.......ick! He looked so much cuter standing up in your pasture looking all cute.
What does his tail look like? Teeth say Beaver, but I also looked up some on-line images of moles with narly, nasty teeth too. The eyes look too big for a mole, so I'm stumped.
Time to call in our family zoologist....what say ye Grammy??
Take a look about 3/4 way down the blot (plenty of other less attractive animals on this site) until you see the title "floss needed"...ugly rat mole:
http://uglyoverload.blogspot.com/2009_12_01_archive.html
I love a good sleuthing adventure :)
love you!
Love it Mom!! That naked rat mole thing creeped me out. The tail was very groundhog/prairie dog-ish. No beaver tail, but the teeth are what is making me lean towards beaver. Lets be real though, what would a beaver be doing around here?? Too bad he wont be around any longer. He was very fun to watch!!
Honey Badger says 'That thing is nasty!' I actually posted about this before, but my laptop froze up and apparently it did not take. Seriously, that creature is very very disturbing.
Post a Comment