Friday, September 9, 2011

Introducing Mr Collins...

Poor Mr Collins. He is new to our home, in fact he kinda welcomed himself into our home. With the weather being as nice as it has been, I have had all the windows and doors open enjoying the delicious fresh air. However, Wednesday I was scrubbing tubs and toilets when I heard this strange growl in my hallway.

I walked out and saw something black underneath the bench in our hallway. I thought it was the skunk from the night before (oh, I didn't mention that story? Another tale for another time.), but alas it was just sweet Mr Collins. Wednesday he looked more like this...
He was sad and scared. I couldn't turn him out to the streets so I fed him, gave him a place to sleep, and left him be for the day. That afternoon he allowed me to inspect him more closely and that is when I saw it. The poor thing had little to no hair. His entire body was covered in scabs. He was itching like crazy. You couldn't help but want to give him so love. So, I bathed him and waited for Todd to come home. The minute Todd saw him he was off to the vet. And that is when Collins came home 2 days later looking like this...
The poor guy had mange so bad it had eaten away his fur and scabbed over his entire skin...
He had fleas the size of ticks on him....
He was neutered, shaved, bathed, dipped, put on 4 different antibiotics, and given a new life.
We know he is 18-20 months old, a Schnauzer/ Lhasa Apso mix, and a friendly little fellow. Alas, Mr Collins is now a Cottle. Welcome to family. We sure are glad you came our way!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Poor little dude. He is a hot mess. But just think of how happy he is to be off the streets and in a good home. Soon enough the death smell will leave, his scabs will heal and his hair will grow back. That will all happen, right?

CassieJoshandAiden said...

Aww poor guy! He picked a great home to adopt himself to!

Valerie said...

May I request a picture update of this little guy? I know he is coming along fine, but he looked so pitiful, I am sucked in and need a new visual of how he looks.

love you!