Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Food Storage Room...check!

Living in Utah was not my favorite, but there is one thing Utah has that you cant find anywhere else....Food Storage rooms in the basement!! You have got to love it, along with 2 living rooms (1 family room and 1 home teaching room).

Since moving back to TN we have been sleeping on our food storage, literally. There were buckets and buckets lined up under the beds, and closets stacked full of jars and #10 cans. Luckily, I am married to a Mr. build/fix it!! With Todd it can be a good thing or a bad thing. He can never have 2 projects going at once, so when he starts something, its work until 2 AM to finish it.

This time his crazy ways finally worked to my advantage. We had been talking about building out a room in our garage since we moved in, but we finally had motivation to get it done. You see Lauren, one of my most awesome sister-in-law's, is coming to stay the summer with us. How could Todd ask her to spend 2 months sleeping on buckets?? So, off to Home Depot we went. We started framing on a Wednesday and had it done by Thursday afternoon. So naturally, Thursday evening (in keeping with the "finish what you start" idea) we went to Home Depot to get the insulation. Friday we started insulating and had it done that morning!!
Then onto to dry walling...
We had that done by Saturday evening! We learned to tape and mud the seams, (thanks YouTube), and had the first coat done that night. We let it dry over the rest of the weekend, and the next week I moved the food storage into the garage...
Slam Bam and we are done. Luckily, this was a week when Todd had most days off!! I have since organized the buckets, and am starting to move all the jars out into the room also!
Once I get the jars out I can move the water containers in there and, Botta Bing Botta Boom, we are done! I love that we did this. I can once again have our house back to living supplies only!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am so jealous! It is beautiful. I need to hire Todd for 2 months to come and do some work at my house. Amazing!!

Amy said...

You guys are sooooo freaking amazing! Seriously, it boggles my mind that you two did all of that in such a short time AND have food storage to fill it up. Good show!