Thursday, October 28, 2010

This man of mine....

Todd and I have a different relationship than other couples we know. We bicker, we argue, we tease, we laugh hard, we can sit in silence for long periods of time together, we LOVE to make other people uncomfortable, but most of all we love big time. Todd travels with his work, and always has. We have been married almost six years, but it feels like we have only spent 2 together. (I know that is exaggerated, but that's how it feels)

We don't have kids so when we are at home we have zero distractions. People will ask if we go on dates, or have family movie night, or FHE, or whatever it is normal couples do. But truth be told that is our every night. I get Todd to myself all the time. That can be a good thing, and other times it can be overwhelming.

The reason for this post is a simple one, he has been gone for a week and I am feeling it, he is feeling it, and we just need to be back together. Life for us isn't meant to be apart. I can handle two maybe three days away, but anymore than that and it gets to be too much. This man is my other half, he makes me a better person, and he makes my life better every single day. This week has been a tough one on us, and I am ready for it to be tomorrow. Tomorrow he comes home, tomorrow I dont have to crawl into an empty bed, tomorrow I get to drive him crazy by smothering him with my love. If I could fast forward any day, it would be today.

I love you Todd and I can not, I repeat, I can not wait for you to be home!! I love you

1 comment:

tammy said...

Brittany, You are a great writer. More than once you have brought tears to my eyes, you spirit is strong and I love it. I hope you are back with Todd and enjoying life!