Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Paintings and a Red Purse

Well this blog is well overdue, but we have had so much going on lately that I just hadn't gotten around to it, but better late than never.

Our paintings that we bought on the cruise finally arrived and we are thrilled. When I first got married my Uncle Matt sat me down and gave me some friendly advice, he said "There are certain things you just dont do in a marriage. You do not hang wallpaper together, you do not string Christmas lights on a Christmas together, and you do not hang pictures together!" Well I understand all to well that last part now. Hanging these were quite a controversy and we had a heck of a time agreeing but now that we have them up we are excited. Our home is warmer and much more relaxing with these up. So here are the end results...hope you enjoy!!

These are in the piano room. (no we don't have a piano yet but it is going to look fabulous with these pictures accentuating it)
This is my favorite!!! I was drawn to this photo immediately because I thought the man looked like Todd, but once we got the picture home and in the sunlight we noticed the girl looks like me too. She has streaks of red in her hair and her skin coloring is close to mine. This painting was made for Todd and I.
This is in our family room, its a fun one and brights up the entire area!!!
This one is in our bedroom hanging above the bed. Its beautiful and perfect to wake up too every morning.

Pictures do not do this one justice. This is Todd's favorite and the one that he had to have. Its very magical and whimsical. There are sailboats, clowns, flowers, and women dancing, it gorgeous.

And my sweet Mom sent me a gorgeous red purse. I have been talking about buying a red purse for so long now and just hadnt found the right one or wanted to spend the money on it, but my Mom found one that is perfect. It is fun getting things in the mail and my Mom surprised me, I love it and take it everywhere. Thanks Mom!!!

4 comments:

Valerie said...

LOVE the paintings! They look great & I can't wait to see them in person. Matt is too funny...I didn't know he told you those things. I agree with them all. It's funny how there are a few things that are consistent with everyone's marriage! Glad you like the purse, it just caught my eye. Love you!

Brock Cottle said...

I have to say I love the paintings also! I cant wait to come see them!! Now to find a day off to do so :( I also agree that the pictures remind me of you and Todd alot. I showed some people at work and they agree also from looking at a few of your pictures. I think part of if it reminds a little of your personality as well. :)

Mia said...

Love the red purse! I got one for my birthday and I love it. It doesn't go with everything but who cares! Red is such a fun color to wear :) Love the pictures. We are way to boring for fun whimsical pictures, I'm glad you guys bought them!

Brittany said...

Those are gorgeous paintings! Good for you guys, way to invest in great art. It is timeless and you will always love it. I LOVE the first two the best. Missing you!