Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Yikes

It has been too long. I would like to say much has changed, but truly much hasn't. Life is the same, and things are good. I haven't been posting lately because I have been busy, but here are a few things we have been up to.
First things have gotten cold. It was about time December weather hit, whether we wanted it to or not. April isn't too far away is it?
The cows are becoming more and more friendly. Now that it is winter and the grass isn't growing, we give them bales of hay and supplement that with grains. Since we have started feeding them grains on a regular basis, they are coming closer and closer to us. Now when I go to fill up their water it is expected to be surrounded on all sides by the lovely herd. They are very friendly and sort of like large dogs. Not to mention nosey as you can see in the video. At one point they follow him in, well until the tractor got started up! ha

And check this out. I made a calendar out of the remaining window I had. I was tired of spending money on awesome calendars, but not having many uses for the after the year. So, I made this one.
I can write on it with Sharpies each month and then wash it away and start over the next month. Kinda neat huh?



2 comments:

Valerie said...

Oh my gosh. You are awesome!!!

That is the coolest calendar ever. Great idea! Love the look.

Sweet cows; I love to hear them mooo...

love you!

Sarah said...

I LOVE your calendar...you are so crafty! Next blog post should be a tutorial on how to make one haha, for those of us (me) who are craft-impaired.
very cute.