I sit in the hotel room with ample time and not many distractions. I could turn on the TV and watch movies or take a long nap, but instead I have been thinking. I have never been one to do resolutions with the New Year, but for some reason this year is different. When thinking about what it is I want to work on this year, I have come to a few conclusions. To sum it up for you....
I AM NOT PERFECT. I AM NOT CLOSE TO PERFECT. I WANT TO BE CLOSER TO PERFECT.
I say that with confidence. I look at this as a challenge, and it helps to motivate me. I took a step back, and asked "If I could be perfect in any one area, what would it be?". I realized I want to be a perfect saint, and a perfect sister to my loving Savior. I want to know him more personally, more deeply, and more perfectly. To do that I have set a goal to read the New Testament cover to cover, read Jesus the Christ completely, and also read The Mortal Messiah completely.
My hopes are that as I read and study about the Saviors time on earth, and inspired words written by Special Witnesses about Him, I will gain a deeper understanding of who he is. Both while He walked the earth and who He is today.
I am hoping that with this I will become more perfect in other aspects of my life as well. I want to be a better YW leader, a better friend, a better sister, and a better wife. I have a lot of growth to do, but I know that with the help of my elder brother, Jesus Christ, I can do anything. And one day I will be able to recgonize my Savior not by His teachings, not by the glowing white around Him, and not by others pointing Him out. I want to know Him by feeling our personal connection to one another.
Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Brittney you inspire me to be better. Thanks for your motivation.
Post a Comment