Friday, April 30, 2010

Greatest Husband Ever....


So, last night we were heading into the bedroom to go to bed,when all of a sudden a HUGE spider showed itself near the bedroom door. Todd being the kind and gentle person he is wanted to catch and release the thing. However, he was not dressed to head outside. So in the midst of trying to persuade him to kill the thing, it ran into the bedroom and under the bed. Todd tried to tell me that it was ok, he told me it was a ground spider. He said its doesn't know how to bite, and it always stays on the ground, but luckily I knew better. Two nights ago I had a dream, I woke up in the middle of the night with HUGE spiders crawling all over me and eating me to death. So naturally I saw this as a sign. (Keep in mind Todd has 6 hours before having to wake up and catch an early flight.) So we decide the best option was to take the bed apart and try to find the creature and vacuum him up. So we remove the mattress and start looking around, after 30 minutes of looking he is gone...gone!! We put the bed back together, and try to settle into bed. I can not do it! I start itching and have to turn on the lights. I know its only a matter of time before the thing drapes itself on the ceiling above me and inches down to try to drink from my mouth.(Seriously, they say an average person eats 7 spiders in their lifetime!) After about 10 minutes of me itching and claiming "to hear it crawling", Todd gets up. We proceed to the front room and set up the couch. My cute Todd slept on the couch with me!! He made it to bed and got about 4 and a half hours of sleep before leaving at 5:15 this morning!

I am one lucky lady!! My goal for today is to tear apart and clean this house from top to bottom. I will kill this spider and any other one that I find!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You are SO FUNNY! I am the EXACT same way...i would kill it right then and there and even then I may not be able to sleep! Devin is also a "catch and release" kind of guy...he never kills bugs. drives me crazy!
that was nice of him to sleep on the couch with you haha!

Amy said...

What? You didn't welcome Athena's cousin into your home? I wouldn't either....dirty spider!