Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Are you kidding...

There are three things in this life that I will NOT be stingy on, everywhere else I will happily go with off brand names or generic brands, but when it comes to these three things I shell out the extra couple bucks.

1. Quilted Northern toilet paper (Charmin's commercials creep me out, there is something not right with those bears. I mean why are they naked and talking about potty time, and the way that little girl bear rubs her bum against that tree...YUCK!! So I will gladly pay extra for Quilted Northern)
2. Lady Toiletries (cardboard is no go...need I say more??)

and finally....

3. Cereal. There is something refreshing about waking up and having good cereal to eat. If its not a grapefruit morning then it is definitely a Great Grains morning...

This morning I was excited to open my new box from Sams and pour a bowl of cereal. With great anticipation I ripped open the box and this is what I found...


Are you kidding me?? I paid good money for this big box. I mean this isn't some $5 box of Lucky Charms or even Life. This is good, healthy, all natural Great Grains!!!

I sent a picture into their corporate offices asking for half of my money back. If you advertise a big box and big bag, but when I open it there is only half there, its only natural I ask for half of my money back!!! I am no sucker here...I am a Browning and Brownings are not pushed around. If they aren't careful I may have to stick my Aunt Tawni on them. And trust me I am a peach when it comes to bargains and deal making, I am doing them a favor by dealing with me instead of Tawni.

I guess with all of this and the frustration that I felt, I am wondering, is this normal?? Did I overreact, did I lash out when I shouldn't have, should I just take it and realize this is life, get used to it Brittany, false advertising...what are your thoughts? Am I crazy...

3 comments:

Mia said...

Well, I buy the big box of Kashi Go Lean Crunch from Costco every month and I will say that there is some settling in the bags, but I have never seen that much settling. If you really really want to know if they gypped you, weigh the bags and see if it matches up with the amount on the box ;) I'm just neurotic enough to do it!

Brittany said...

I couldn't agree more with your entire post...except for the Quilted Northern. Are you kidding me? I have to have Charmin Ultra otherwise I am just asking to be chaffed! Please post the reply for the cereal company when they send you one. I am curious to see what they say. Jackers. :-)

Anonymous said...

Way to rock the Charmin creepiness. I am normally only creeped out when it comes to cartoon bears (or any cartoon animal) that wear only shirts....and no pants. That is so disturbing. Come on, put on some pants already. You know who you are....Winnie, Donald AND Daisy. But the Charmin bears deserve full creepiness. Ewww.