Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Labor Day was Awesome!!!!

**i know this was about a month ago but i have been super busy and haven't had a chance to update in a while. i swear i started writing this the weekend after it happened. better late than never right??**

Well we had a wonderful Labor Day weekend!! We headed up to the ever so lovely Idaho. Our friends Chuck and Bev have a cabin about an hour and a half East of Rexburg. Todd met Kaylee and I up there (he was working in Montana) on Friday and we stayed until late Monday afternoon. The weekend was full of four-wheeling, movies, and delicious cooking. It was super relaxing for Todd and I, but Kaylee wasn't so lucky. The chipmunks and squirrels would not leave her alone. They would wait until she was in the house and almost asleep and then run back and forth in front of the glass door just to tease her. She came close to catching one but fell a little shy!! Better luck next time Kaylee.

On Saturday we went out riding and came across a moose. Thats right ladies and gentlemen we were riding minding our own business and all of a sudden off to our right was a beautiful moose. It was so fun and I think they are just as curious as we are. We stopped and watched him for about 10 minutes and he just sat there watching us.

(this isn't him but it looks an awful lot like him. we didn't want him to think we were going to shoot him so we left our camera in the cargo area of our four wheeler)

Then on Sunday we went for yet another 4wheeler ride and happened to come across a wonderfully large black bear!! i don't know if any of you have seen one, but they are awfully intimidating. We were just riding and minding our own business when all of a sudden Todd screams 'oh my gosh, oh my gosh' and the four wheeler comes to a dead stop! I look ahead and see the back half of a black bear running into a forest area. I asked my very manly and super rugged husband to approach the clearing where the bear ran in, but sadly this is the response I heard, "are you kidding me we are not moving". I guess I found the one thing Todd is scared of..BLACK BEARS. It was amazing and a wonderful surprise.

(again this is not the actual bear it happened way to fast to get a pic, but this is what he looked like)


Todd and I had a really great time. Who knew the outdoors could be so much fun??

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Yippee! I figured out how to do this! And, I get to be the first to post on your exciting times.

I'm so glad you're getting the chance to see so many outdoor things. I love that you are loving it! Although, I do have to admit that I'm with Todd on this one...note to self: do not chase after big black bears in their territory! (Mom rule number 2, right after "remember who you are"). Give Kaylee a hug for me! Love you tons...